Thursday, September 18, 2008

It Pays To Be Evil Sometimes

Nice people have a difficult reputation to live up to because they are never allowed to be anything other than pleasant. If they have one bad day, it's all changed. Sometimes, being too nice will get you into more trouble.

Sometimes I wonder if it’s worth being nice all the time. When I’m nice, things are great for everyone involved:

I write them a note or send them SMS when they’re not feeling well. I call them so they know they’re being thought about. I try to put a smile on their faces. I make them feel like they’re cared for and someone is thinking about them.

That’s what I do when I care about someone.

But then, sometimes, it seems that my efforts are not that appreciated. When I try to be selfish aka spend some time for myself, I look overly apathetic. When it's my time to share my own stories and issues, it is as if I'm dismissed.

That is why these days, I try to become that apathetic person and be that walking bastard,at least when you’re an asshole, no one has high expectations. And, I don’t need that kind of stress in my life.

Why should I bother to care when it’s so much easier being evil?

No comments: