Monday, August 11, 2008

Never After

At the age of 25, I still believe in fairytales. The damsel in distress, the knight in shining armor, well maybe not the the three little pigs but you get what I mean. But now my visions of “Once upon a time” are blurred and jaded.

Does “Forever” exist?

Looking back at my 2nd failed relationship, a good two month stint that must end after I found out that I was only 2nd in my ex’s life.

I also realized that I need to stop seeing ‘R’ because I am R’s extra curricular activity. The glorified other man.

And just recently, I am witness of screaming infidelities.

Sorry, but never will you see me in the bleachers cheering for open relationships.

The future is uncertain. I really don’t want to talk more about open relationships. But if that’s the only way that relationships last, then I guess I rather be a spinster and sip wine from my veranda.

In a way… I still am hoping that happily ever after exists. I haven’t found mine, nor found me.

Or maybe it’s really just a fairytale.

I need someone to make me believe in happily ever afters.

Screaming Infidelities - Dashboard Confessional

2 comments:

Nurburgring said...

So you are (were?) R's fuck buddy? You are both lucky and unlucky at the same time. But I salute your idealism when it comes to relationships.

MrDJ said...

I did it once with R so I think that it's just a one time deal. At least it kept me from breaking my heart.