Friday, August 15, 2008

Flirts are teases without the touching

Even though the dictionary describes flirting as the act of courting triflingly or act amorously without serious intentions, I don’t particularly enjoy it. It’s fine for about five seconds, but I stop at second six. Why? It isn’t beneficial for various reasons.

The first reason is because flirting is done as a means to get something out of someone else; a reaction, mostly. When I want something from someone, I ask for it. I don’t play games, or act coy. Impatience has taught me that a little too well.

The second reason is that I really don’t like is when the other person doesn’t stop… and then you start to get the wrong impression. And, that impression always leads you down the one path that the cynic in you doesn’t want. Do they like me? Why else would they be acting that way if they didn’t? But, if they’re flirting, then does that mean they don’t really like me and are just playing a game?

Of course, I’d rather know to save me from any potential heartbreak, but a part of me wants to keep believing they really like me because that thought is what keeps hope alive.

Not aside from flirting, there's this phenomena I want to call "Eye Fucking." Geez. Just get over it and have a good hump!

1 comment:

bailee said...

I always do that!

you have to laugh at yourself when you say stuff...but not in a geeky way. like, just a little for a second

like if he says "i know im gorgeous" or something be like "hehehe yeah right" in a lowish voice.

act like yourself, dont be embarrassed. thhats when youre gonna flirt the best!
http://go-get-guys.com/