Sunday, July 27, 2008

F*cking Fwee Time

Whenever my schedule begins to fill, people begin to come out of the woodwork, wanting to do things with me. Strange, because when I have a lot of time on my hands, everyone is always busy. What the fuck is up with that? I'd say this was a case of supply and demand, but there's a hell of a lot more demand when I don't have a lot to supply.

Take for example, a period when work and play cannot mingle. Twelve-hour days are not common. I wake up, get ready for work, commute, work, commute, get ready for bed, and go to sleep. Lather, rinse, repeat. Yet while this is happening, some people are pulling at my pantlegs, like needy children. As much as I want to push them aside, I know that's not what a parent would .

It's hard having a couple of playdates in one week, especially when they're both on the same day. I'm only one man. I can't be in two places at the same time. Also, I can't split myself in half to please two people (although I can split someone in half to please myself).

Where the hell are you when I have time on my hands? Huh? I have no way to enjoy it with someone else. All this fucking free time can kiss my ass.

Well, i have to choose because I cannot juggle to dates in one night. I'm gonna meet up with "R" this evening. Sorry "E," maybe next week.

No comments: