Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Potato Chips

You have to give credit to those who work out and eat a controlled diet in order to achieve a semblance of perfection when it comes to their bodies. They make the right choices when eating, and refrain from unhealthy foods. They exercise several days of the week for at least an hour at a time - warming up, cardio, lifting weights, and cooling down. They take additional supplements required for to heal and repair their bodies.

That's not me. I’m not that dedicated. Well, I used to. I went to the gym for the wrong reasons, superficial reasons. Narcissist

True, I’m not overweight in any sense of the word. For those who have met me, know my body is lean and that of a runner: taut and toned, but not muscular. You’ll find more fat on a chicken cutlet then on my thighs. Even if I wanted to look better by eating right and working out, I don’t think I’d want to. After a long day at the office, I would rather get home, change clothes, have a light dinner, and crash in front of the couch for a ½ hour while eating a bag of potato chips.

An extra hour of my day to work out would mean an extra hour lost in bed (and I don't get to sleep much, so that ain’t happenin’). And, I wouldn't go to an extreme to change my body to please someone else. If you don't like me the way I am, then somebody else will.

Then again, if I was overweight and no one gave me a passing glance, my fat ass would be on a treadmill before you could say gastric bypass.

To those who do what you do to look the way you do (you know who you are), keep up the good work. I’m not the only one who appreciates it. Wanna potato chip?

No comments: