Saturday, August 05, 2006

Flirt


For my Communications 3 speech back in college, around 5 years ago, I stood in front of the class and discussed the art of flirting. After weeks of extensive research, I came up with a 10 minute speech. Last night, I saw my my notes on that speech. Just want to share it to everyone, I have some nice tips.

Flirting is an art form which uses both verbal and nonverbal communication to express your interest in someone. I have to admit that I am terrible at it. I am better at flirting online, in Yahoo Messenger and mIRC.

Flirting is no rocket-science. Anyone can learn how to flirt. The key is to be yourself and not be something you’re not. Keep secrets, keep a mysterious outlook, but don't lie.

DON'T LIE!

If you play your cards right, flirting can open doors to getting to know lots of new people and can be a great way to start conversations with people you are trying to pick up.

Flirting can actually be a form of social netwroking...

...or is it sexual networking?

Smile. In minutes start a friendly conversation. Don;t start with lame quetions like "How's the weather?" or something like that. Talk in any situation and again, remember to smile. That will be your opening statement.

Flirting is not cruising though. Cruising is more about getting laid. Flirting is more about breaking the ice and being able to meet someone for dating, companionship and again, social networking. It is not about playing games.

So what makes a great flirt?

Let me tell you how...


(1) Eye Contact: Does the peson looking you in the eyes and staring at you while you smile? Winking? Are you? Direct eye contact. Don't stare too much though. You'll burn holes.

(2) Facial expressions: Lots of smiling, half opened mouth, teeth flashing.

(3) Smiling is the most effective tool in flirting. Experts say that smiling is the most important thing you can do to make yourself more approachable and attractive. Your smile is your best accessory. So don't pucker up.

(4) It is all about your LIPS: Use those lips to get attention. Lick them, pucker your lips and touch them with your tongue. But not every 10 seconds. Do it every 5 minutes. Lick not bite.

(5) Posture: Thrust your chest and mirror the other person’s posture. Make sure you have an approachable posture. Don't slouch. Stand with your feet 6-10 inches apart with your toes pointing outward.

(6) Compliment. Do not use those sleazy lines but make genuine small talk. Keep it creative and humorous.

(7) Be yourself and feel confident and relaxed

(8) Keep an even flow in the conversation. Do not dominate but make it a two way conversation.

(9) Do not worry about getting a phone number, a date or sex. Enjoy flirting for what it is…getting to know others and making a connection.

So... are you ready (to flirt with me)?

Current Mood: Flirty
Listening to: Chris Brown - Yo (Excuse Me Miss)

1 comment:

juOn said...

This post just made my day! :-) Super.

My Communication 3 topic, if my memory serves me right, is about How to Lose Weight and Keep What You Lost. Hahahaha So Cory Quirino. Yours is so, uhm, Margie Holmes.