Monday, August 14, 2006

Emails, Elaine, and my Detox

eI was on Sick Leave today. I'm actually feeling better when I woke up around 5am but i still decided to skip work. I need all the rest that I can get. This week is my pre-hell week. Next week, I'll be in inferno.

I logged just a minute ago to check my office emails. Oh my, naiirita ako...

1. Do not write emails using pink fonts. You can use them if you plan to highlight key messages.
2. Don't ask me stupid questions. Di ko yan product. Product ninyo yan.
3. Don't ask me questions that you yourself can only answer. Jedi Mind tricks doesn't work.
4. It's okay to recall an email once. Okay, twice. But not 5 times!

Blah, blah, blah. I'm not planning to answer any emails. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Anyhoot, I met Elaine this afternoon. She's really pretty. My type.

Do you have any girlfriends?
Girlfriends? With S?
Okay, let's keep it singular. Girlfriend.
None.
Past girlfriends or girlfriend.
Not exactly.
Huh?
Harmless flirts and flings.
Oh.
Yeah.
Do you plan to get married?
What?
Tie-the knott?
Oh. Yeah. Someday.
I see.
When I'm financially stable.
Good for you.
Maybe 10 years from now.
That long?

Okay. Dapat pala sinagot ko siya ng, "Gusto mo mag-apply?" LOL.

After watching 100s of DVDs (okay, just around 24hours worth of DVDs over the weekend til monday) I decided to have a DVD detox. I looked at my pile of unread books gathering dust and cobwebs. I need to read them. Hopefully, I'll finish them all before I get married.

1. The Curious Incident of the Dog by Mark Haddon
2. A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
3. Naked by David Sedaris
4. Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera

So... i have to end this post. I need to start reading my books.

And to Elaine, I'll accept your application immediately. No worries.

3 comments:

sleepwalker said...

i have the same book by haddon. light reading. go for it if you're not in the mood for heavy lit.

MrDJ said...

i really love "the curious incident." i can relate to Chris (main character). Parang ako, may pagka-autistic. Wahahaha!

Ano pang books ni Haddon?

Hey, you must read "A million Little pieces.." Non-fiction. Nakakarelate din ako. Drug/Alcohol Rehab. Wahahaha!

juOn said...

Uy. Something's brewing with eLaine. hehehe

I love A Curious Incident of a Dog in the Night-Time by Haddon! I totally relate with the dog. Dead.