Monday, July 24, 2006

Is That You Kiko?

Okay... i'm editing this post. I received a death threat from Sleepwalker. I don't want to be burned alive. ROFL.

Very busy day at work. Too many Job Online's to surf, too little time. I replied to hundreds (okay, around 50) emails, finalized my presentation materials, rolled-up our sections monthly report in which i really want to cut it in one sentence - "We're doing our jobs so stick it." It was my first time to summarize 5 monthly reports. I really don't want it to be a cut-and-paste summary but do people really read these reports? Do we have to recognize people for doing their jobs? I asked Yuan if recognizing people for doing their jobs should be included in monthly reports and he said that sometimes, we do have to recognize and appreciate them... but not that often. I guess i have a somewhat different opinion on recognizing people. You don't see me handing out IRA certificates. Moving on....

I grew tired of people around the office who's into office politics and bureaucracy. I decided, as of today, not to be too confrontational. Not any more. It's too exhausting explaining to those that don't get it, whatever it is that needs explaining. Again moving on...

So looking for a new job is not that easy!!! I really don't want to lower my expectations, I have a somewhat 'solid' career. Working for the same company for 2 years, 2 months and running, i had accomplished a whole lot. I had great performance reviews and promotions and couple of recognitions. But I'm getting tired (or is it PSO's 3nd wave of handling pink slips that's scaring me off).

I've been reading Donald Trump's blog and found good insights. A must read blog for business minded people. Here are some excerpts from one of his many posts...

...there are about 2.6 million people leaving their jobs each month. While those employees are out looking for greener pastures, that means lots of job openings....

...don't procrastinate. You have to strike while the iron is hot because industry watchers predict that this current job boom will be short-lived. Those jobs will be filled quickly or, even worse, employers will decide they don't need to fill those positions after all. Then your window of opportunity will be closed big-time....

...the key is to figure out what you want to do with your career. As I've said before, if you're not happy with your current job, then stop doing it. Love what you're doing or find something else.
This hot job market is your chance to make a change. No more excuses... [SOURCE]

This post made my imaginations run wild. Need to update my resume then....

4 comments:

sleepwalker said...

susunugin kita!

MrDJ said...

hahahaha! oi kiko wag pikon! :p

sleepwalker said...

and you actually took it out.. hahaha..

you fell for that empty threat? anyway, im a sport. so no worries.

MrDJ said...

i pulled it out because i have to edit it using adobe... wahahahaha!

Saka as a form of courtesy to my former IEC President!