Saturday, June 17, 2006

Somewhere Only We Know


"THE LAKEHOUSE"


"How do you hold on to someone you've never met?" Yeah. I’ve been asking the same question to myself. I’ve known a couple of people over the internet and felt some deep connection.

I watched The Lakehouse which is a wonderful love story. Like The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, this film is not just another chick-flick. The movie was an adaptation of the Korean Movie “Il Mare.”


"IL MARE"


The story revolves with Alex Wyler (Keannu Reeves, stiff as always) and Kate Forster (Sandra Bullock). Their love story started to unfold thanks to the mailbox in front of the lakehouse and to their female mutt named Jack. A long distance relationship separated by time and not space.

I won’t be talking about the story between Alex and Kate. You have to watch it (NOW!). Another “character” in the film which I think should be discussed more is the Lakehouse itself.

The lakehouse is built atop the lake on sturdy poles. The house is made of glass. There’s no privacy at all. The lakehouse is a symbol of a man who is transparent yet self controlling.

Okay, no relevance. I’m just bullshitting you guys. Wahahaha!

The movie is great except for the actors. No offense to Reeves and Bullock, I guess the character of Kate and Alex would be better played by either Kate Beckinsale (I agree with Trixy) or Keira Knightley or Natalie Portman and Josh Hartnett or Ian Somerhalder or Ryan Philippe.

Hmmm… why is it that Hollywood just gets Asian movies and try to adapt them?

“Oh simple thing where have you gone
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin”
>> Keane - Somewhere Only We Know MP3

1 comment:

lovelyladynextdoor said...

Looking forward to watching this movie. I've heard good reviews! Although yes, Josh Hartnett partnered with Keira Knightley would definitely make it more enticing.