Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday Work Blahs

Lazy day at work. Again. Not my usual Mondays. My meeting is not until 2pm. I do have a lot of projects to work on to but most of these projects has a lot of dependencies from other stakeholders. I had written and emailed my monthly report which made me realize how bored I am with my job. Different projects, same strategies.

I’m not sure when will I get the new role. I was supposed to work on my transition since last week but there were no announcements yet. The transition will be for 4-6 weeks so if I work on the transition plans 2 weeks from now, I’ll be on my new role (and new cube) by mid-August.

What do I have to do? I wake up, wash up, go to work, go home at 4, work some more, sleep. Routine. This how my weekdays are. If I get the new job, it will be the same but I will be working with different people. I’m already seeing a lot of projects that I can work on but unless I have the green light, I just have to work on my current projects.

A couple of weeks ago, I was chatting with my college classmate. She’s working in marketing/management and she said that she can’t see herself working as a fulltime IE. I myself never thought that I’ll be working as an IE. But I’m not closing doors on marketing, management, even in advertising. But since I started working as an IE for two years now, if I want to get a new job, I have to start in some entry level/ management trainee position.
But then, there’s SCM (supply chain management). My new role will do me good with SCM. And I know I can do better with our suppliers, etc. I hope to excel in SCM. I think I already did my part in Operations (based from my performance reviews), I think I need to work on bigger roles and bigger projects.

I have to think about what’s best for my career. No one knows (neither do I) until when will I stay in my current employer. I just know that this will not be my first and last employer.
Got to go. I have a meeting at 2pm.

No comments: