Sunday, April 30, 2006
Woke up late na basa ng pawis. Ang init! Pati boxers ko basa (not from wet dreams...). Kinuha ko yung isa pang electric fan and humiga sa kama, nanood ng video, nagpaka-bum sa kama. Typical weekend minus the heat stroke. I decided to go to the mall kasi dun malamig.
So lipad ako ng mall. OMG! Sale nga pala ngayon so ang daming tao. Punta ako sa favorite kong coffee shop at wala na akong maupuan. Pero wait, wala naman silang hawak na kape. Pagod silang mag window shopping. Kung di lang ako mabait that day eh pinalayas ko sila kasi wala akong maupuan. Di na ako nagkape... mukhang mas kailangan nila.
Tingin ng movie na papanoorin. Walang maganda. Next week pa MI3. So punta ng magazine stand. Walang magandang magazine. Tapos naisip ko, di ko naman babasahin yung magazine kung bibilhin ko. Kita ko si Jojo. Pucha, hinampas ako sa likod! Di pala hampas, suntok pala. Konting kamustahan tapos umalis na sya kasi may bibilhin pa daw siya. Bago siya umalis, binatukan ako. NAKAKADALAWA KA NA! Ayun pag-uwi sa bahay, nagka-pasa ako. Di man lang ako gumanti.
Sa gabi, ang init so nagbabad sa banyo at naligo. Kulang na lang ibanlaw ko yung mint mouthwash sa katawan ko sa init. Pagkatapos maligo, nood ng TV then tulog ulit with the boxers na basa from last night. Nakatulog ako ng mga 3am. Kailangan kong bumili ng sleeping pills.
Day 2: Syet malagket!
Woke-up around noon. Kumain, naligo, nanood ng video. Kumain ng bacon-cheeseburger and Egg-cheeseburger. Tinungga ang isang 1.5L na Sprite. Natulog. Nagising sa text ni Iam. Naligo, pumunta ng party, kumain. Umuwi, nanood ng TV at ngayon nag-blo-blog.
Etong typical weekend ko. Di sya exciting pero nakakapagpahinga ako. Might be an anti-social weekend pero okay lang naman. Nakaka-cancer ang palaging nasa gimmickan. Cancer sa lungs, cancer sa liver, cancer sa wallet. Bukas malamang ganito ulit. Siguro punta ako ng mall, manonood ng sine, bibili ng libro na di ko naman babasahin, magkakape, at hahanapin si Jojo sa mall para suntukin at batukan. Bili siguro ng clothes for summer. Ayan. Ganyan weekend ko. Typical. But not that boring. Pathetic ba? Ewan ko. Ayos lang. Steady lang.
PS. GAGO KA JOJO! May araw ka din sa akin!
Saturday, April 29, 2006
"A bollard is a short vertical post. Originally meaning a strong post used on a quay for mooring, the term is also used in the United Kingdom for a variety of structures to control or direct road traffic."
From Jeep Dictionary
The yellow thingy in front of the employees entrance in our office. Isang kakulitan ng Security just in case may rumaragasang sasakyan papuntang office. Dala ng kakaibang imahinasyon, may mga 10-15 bollards na humarang sa shuttle.
They started constructing the bollards 2 weeks ago. People are saying that it's for BD. I thought, okay, so aayusin yung drainage system? Maglalagay ng generator? Errr... Jakuzi? Then last week, naikta ko ang mga poste (oo na, bollards) na kulay dilaw. Para saan?
A. Place where you can park your scooter, vespa, motor bikes, bisikleta, kabayo?
B. Magkakaroon ng Pier. Docking area. Cost cutting so di na air-freight ang delivery ng makina?
D. None of the above
Dahil sa kakaibang imahinasyon ng Security, para daw walang mag-overspeeding sa Intel Campus. Errr... 15kph ang speed sa office. So what kung maging 30kph? Lahat naman ng employees eh disiplinado, sa Ped Xing dumadaan. Mabagal lahat ng sasakyan... Bwiset!
For the past 2 weeks, hirap kami mag-cross from the employees entrance/exit papuntang Lung Center (yosi place and all that jazz). Tirik ang araw, lalakad ka ng mga .10km para lang makayosi, at .10km ulit pabalik. Pauwi, lalakad ka sa kabilang side para makasakay ng shuttle.
Okay, so the worst thing happened last Friday. Umulan ng malakas, di kami makapunta sa shuttle. Wala kaming payong.... NAUNA AKONG MAGLAKAD SA ULAN (at hindi ako kumanta ng I'm Singing in the Rain). I'm so fucking wet. Ewan ko, naalala ko lang si Kate way back in college. Sabi niya, may To-Do list sya ng crazy things to do. At ito yung naisip ko. Dala ang laptop ko sa leather messengar bag, suot ang trasher cap, naglakad ako.
Sa mga taga Security. Sobra ata ang kapapanood ninyo ng 24. Ano kayo, CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit). Naisip niyo ba na one day, bigla na lang tayo susugurin? Eh kung ayusin niyo muna yung security measures ninyo sa may Gate 1 and Gate 2?
Sabi ko nga kay Leah, next time, automated road spikes na ang ilalagay ng Security. Pagnag-over speeding ka, butas ang gulong mo!
Security!!!! Suggest ko lang, try niyo uminom ng Extra Joss. In powder form, singhutin ninyo para diretso sa utak! Wahahaha!
Friday, April 28, 2006
Finally, natapos na din ang WW17. Whole week puro na lang TU, TU, tanginang TU. Okay, TU means Total Utilization. Hanggang kanina, mag-4pm na, TU pa din. Tigilan na yan! Thank god long weekend.
The week eneded na walang announcement kung sino ang 1266 EIT IE. Ano na sa Wednesday? Pero sabi "nila" may interview pa with Arnoldo. Which i think is okay (i guess).
So next week... Semi Finals na sa Volleyball. Tapos Ultimate sa Tuesday after 1 month na walang laro laro. This time, madaming sasama. We invited people from Yield, Engg, etc. Last time 6 lang kami, ngayon baka mga 10. Sama si Rina and Lisa (housemates ni Tbeth), Allan, Trixy, Jona, Van, and baka si Jason. Sama din pala si Arlene. Si JP, new hire ng ENGG, sama din ata. Sana madami para makabuo ng team kahit gaguhan lang. Sayang naman kasi yung discs na pinabili kay Arlene. Kawawa naman si Juan Soto sa pagbuhat ng 10+ na discs from Chandler Fashion Mall.
Anong pangalan ng team if ever?
iPUC - Intel Philippines Ultimate Club
iCUP - Intel Club for Ultimate Players
PUCi - Philippines Ultime Club of Intel
Blue Dolphin (hahahaha)
By the way... hey KT... You're so anti-social! We've given enough kudos to you... Wahahaha!
Guarda fuori e’gia’mattina
Questo e’un giorno che ricorderai
Alzati in fretta e vai
C’è chi crede in te
Non ti arrendere
Once in every life
There comes a time
We walk out all alone
And into the light
The moment won’t last but then,
We remember it again
When we close our eyes.
Like stars across the sky
E per avvincere
Tu dovrai vincere
We were born to shine
All of us here because we believe
Guarda avanti e non voltarti mai
Accarezza con i sogni tuoi
Le tue speranze e poi
Verso il giorno che verrà
C’è un traguardo là
Like stars across the sky
E per avvincere
Tu dovrai vincere
Like stars across the sky
Qualcuno è con te
Like stars across the sky
We were born to shine
E per avvincere
E allora vincerai
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Uso pa rin ba yun?
I guess…. Philippines, madaming Catholic. Madaming religious. Madaming nagpapanggap na moralista. Eto pa isa… madaming malibog.
Sige, natural way pala ha? Withdrawal? Wahahaha…. Ano yun, parang ATM Machine? Or parang Credit card… gasgas na sa kakakis-kis.
One question asked to the married couples, pano kung yung anak nila nag-ask about sex.
Good answer from Tirso Cruz
Bad answers from the other two couples.
Wag daw mag-pills. Kasi may side effects. Pero di mo naman araw-araw ipapainom si GF mo ang pills. Di po yun Vitamin C.
Impose the bible learning in the bible… Meron ba dun about sex? I have not read the bible from cover to cover, pero alam ko wala.
There’s only one way of not getting preggy or not getting someone preggy. No Sex is Safe Sex.
If that fails, there’s always the handy dandy rubber (or latex) condom.
Pucha, mura lang ang condom. Bigyan pa kita eh (di naman sa nilalagay ko yung condom ko with my money clip).
Masyado bang bulgaran ang nababasa niyo?
Let’s be realistic. Lahat tayo eh adults na. If you have to do it (Toyi according to Trixy), you have to use one of man’s greatest invention (with or without flavor, ribbed, super thin, glow in the dark or regular – bahala ka). Let’s be responsible adults. Let’s not be hypocrites. You don’t want your own child until you’re ready (financially and emotionally).
Para sa mga magulang.
1. Wala pong side effects ang condom
2. Di naman po vitamins ang pills
3. Ang withdrawal eh sa bangko lang… saka sa porn.
4. Talk to your kids. And don’t give them that crap about the bees and the butterflies and the flower.
Para sa lahat.
1. Safe sex is no sex.
2. Okay lang kung babae ka at may baon kang condom. Baka kasi tatanga-tanga BF mo.
3. Guys, please be responsible. Mura lang ang condom. Okay lang na di ribbed or Ulta Thin. Pwede na ang Trust condom
4. Wag mag pa peer pressure. So what kung 40 years old ka na at virgin ka pa. People who thinks that you’re a loser… naku wag mo silang intindihin.
5. Another natural contraceptive…. For free… The Do-It-Yourself method. Tanong niyo na lang kay Jona and Van kung ano yung brand ng personal lube. Meron daw sa TOTAL. May gas ka na, may lube ka pa.
Please lang, wag maging sobrang moralista. Kayo din, baka magka-anak ka ng di mo inaasahan…
Last note: If you get pregnant (or get someone pregnant), please don’t use the word “Accident.” Ginusto nyo yan at nagpakatanga kayo.
DJ : Naku daming mag-lunch sa baba. Pwede ba magpadeliver?
TBeth : Lunch out na lang tayo.
Jona : Tagaytay… may meeting ba kayo sa hapon
All : Wala
Okay, so DI PA DIN KAMI NAG-LUNCH OUT. We decided na after lunch na lang, from 1-3, dun mag-meeting. Meeting about TU (Total Utilization). We asked Vince, Vince said yes.
Supposedly di kasama si Vince…. Hehehe. Sinama na din naming para isang meeting na lang. Dapat kasi kami muna bago i-pre-present naming sa kanya bukas.
2 cars, 6 IEs. I was with Jona and TBeth. Some interesting conversations in the car. Anong topic… hehehehe… basta something to do about meeting minutes, and yung mga internet websites na nasa Favorites.
Everyone had their venti. We settled in the 2nd floor, thank god di mainit. We look like college kids studying for an exam
Okay, the CAM ENGG group eh nasa Starbucks din. Pumanget and view ko.
We left tagaytay around 3:30pm. Then umuwi na kami! Actually check muna ng email baka may announcement na about the EIT IE job…. WALA PA RIN?
While driving back to the office, may mga mas interesting conversations. MBA, MSIE, studying abroad, working as a barista and Tbeth making an impression of Paris Bennett.
3 Filipino Artists
Performs Live at Tapika
(Left) Click the links to download the mp3s
Change the World
Here without you
Hanging by a moment
Conviction of the Hearts
I cant make you love me
Inside that I cried
Midnight at the Oasis
Its probably me
Gian with Industria
No woman, No cry
Ribbon in the sky
Lets stay together
You've got a friend
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Ang galing ng challenge diba? Pero smart yung mga housemates, tinignan nila yung mga dog tags. Tapos yung mga walang tags, dun sila namili.
Per paksyet. Wala naman pala dun si Disney. Andun sa confession room.
So anong goal nitong challenge nito? Paki-explain? May moral lesson ba? Anong relevance nito sa current economic state of our country (naks... high level). Parang tanga yung challenge. Hanapin ang wala.
PBB Teen Edition - Laugh Trip. Di naman ako ganyan nung teenager ako. And yung ibang kilala ko din, di naman ganyan! Iiyak na lang kasi siya yung pinaka-matanda, mag-aaway dahil sa peanut butter (ako... patayan sa peanut butter kasi fave ko yan!)... Puhlease (<-- Maarteng spelling ng please). Pero yung ibang teen housemates eh okay naman... for now.
Here are screen caps. Got this from another blog. Too small for a desktop wallpaper. I guess you can put it in your cellphones.
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Tomorrow na yung result ng interview, kung sino makakakuha ng 6month job sa Arizona (pero sabi ni Raf hindi daw... ows?). Para kaming Final 4 ng Big Brother. Ako, si Jona, si Philip, si Migs. BUKAS NA!!!! Paksyet!
Anyway, WHAT-IF makuha ako.
- Ipasa kay Jason lahat ng trabaho sa site! Sorry Jason. Pero ganun talaga. Kaya mo yan. Kinaya ko yan ng 1.5 years. PERO kung makuha ka sa Amazing Race Asia, i don;t know kung sino kukuha ng work ko. Problema na NILA yun.
- Ipasa kay Zam/Adrian ang mga VF responsibilities ko
- Ipasa kay Philip ang Superuser status ko sa CAPS MM6.0
- Learn how to drive a car. Kaya yan, ask ko si Tonch.
- Magtrain for the job.... Mukhang walang tulugan ito. Red Bull ang katapat, naka-dextrose!
WHAT-IF di ako makuha? Not sure. Lipat sa ibang group by Q3 (sana lang kasi pagod na ako sa trabaho ko, maiba naman sana). Stay for 1 more year. I mean, IF i have plans outside Intel, i want to have 3 years of solid experience in 1 company. Looking at Job Ads, minimum 3 years working experience. Mas okay kung 3 years in 1 company. Makapunta sa Australia sa tita ko. IF i still want to stay at Intel, i'd look for a job in the US. Chances are low, that's why since last year, I'm working on my connections sa ATM world (hello world!). Epal kung epal sa projects... Ganun lang talaga.
Ayan ang long term plans ko! Eh pano naman short term?
I'm excited to go to San Diego. End of June. 5 days. I hope to extend muna, bakasyon ng +3 days sa relatives/friends ko. Meet new people, find more connections, expand my network. Buy clothes now kasi medyo formal yung conference. Baka ma-shock yung mga tao pag nag-ala preppy attire ako ala Seth Cohen. Baka pagkamalan akong intern. Hahaha!
Pero sana... sana talaga... sana to the nth power... makuha ko yung EIT IE job.
2. NAKAPASA KA BA OR WAITLISTED? nakapasa
3. PAANO MO NALAMAN ANG ENTRANCE EXAM RESULT? Tinawagan ako ni Artbel, upper batch. Mas na-excite sya sa akin!
4. ANO ANG FIRST CHOICE MO NA COURSE? Industrial Engineering
5. SECOND CHOICE? Mechanical Engineering
6. ANO COURSE MO NA NATAPOS? Industrial Engineering... buti naman!
7. NAG-SHIFT KA BA? Naisip mag-shift pero tinuloy ko na din!
8. CHINITO/CHINITA KA BA? PINOY!
9. NAKAPAG-DORM KA BA? 1 sem lang
10. NAKA UNO KA BA? Soc Sci I, PE 3 Volleyball, tapos may isa pa...
11. NAGKA-3? Oo... Nakalimutan ko kung ano.
12. LAGI KA BANG PUMAPASOK SA KLASE? Minsan cut-class lalo na pag enggweek
13. MAY SCHOLARSHIP KA BA? Wala
14. ILANG UNITS NA ANG NAIPASA MO? 150+ units... Buti naman!
15. NANGARAP KA BA NA MAG- CUM LAUDE? Nung first year ako.
16. KELAN KA NAGTAPOS? april 2004
17. FAVE PROF(s): Si Iris sa IE, PE teacher ko sa Volleyball, EE7 Teacher din!
18. WORST TEACHER: Si Liwanag... nagdilim mata ko sa kanya.
19. FAVE SUBJECT: IE151, IE 142, PE 3 Advance Volleyball
20. WORST SUBJECT: Stochastic Probability, Marcov Chains, Latin Stat... hahaha. At mga ES!
21. FAVE BUILDING: Melchor Hall
22. PABORITONG KAINAN: CK, Isawan, Mang-Jimmys!
23. NONG ESTUDYANTE KA PA MAGKANO BAANG BINABAYADMO SA JEEP? 4.50
24. LAGI KA BA SA LIBRARY? Minsan, mabilis Internet dun!
25. NAGPUNTA KA BA SA CLINIC NUN? Ayoko pa mamatay sa Infirmary!
26. MAY CRUSH KA BA SA CAMPUS? Madami!
27. ANU-ANO ANG MGA NAGING PE MO? Volleyball (PEPE), Stretching (tumangkad ako ng mga 5 cm), Circuit Weight Training and Advance Volleyball
28. KAMUSTA NAMAN ANG BLOCK NYO? Halo-halo
29. MEMORIZE MO BA ANG ALMA MATERSONG? Hindi... Ang bagal kasi...
30. MEMBER KA BA NG VARSITY TEAM? Pusoy Dos Varsity.. hahaha!
31. NAKA-PERFECT KA NA BA NG EXAM?I think may time sa IE142 or IE 150 (retake)
32. DITO KA BA NATUTONG UMINOM NG BEER? Yup
33. YOSI? Oh yeah!
34. ANONG NA-MISS MO? Engineering Week and IECLUB!
May pagka-superficial ako. Lahat naman di ba. Don’t tell me that you’re not that shallow when it comes to your crushes. When it comes to real love, half-half. I’m not looking for a Kellie Pickler type of girl. You know, the blonde dumb look. I want a Katharine McPhee type of lady, pretty, classy, and smart. Mahirap bang maghanap ng ganun?
Kung IEClubber ka, ka batch ko pa kayo, eh kilala niyo na siya.
Clue: Best friend sya ni Shaoler, Ira and ni Andrea.
Clue: Member siya ng Hobbits, Inc.
Clue: EnggWeek’03, may mga PDA moments sa West Wing Engg stairs na na-witness ni JenCarps.
Last year eh medyo bad break-up with Man-who-loves-madam-Auring. Ipagpalit ka ba naman sa babae na pwede mo ng tawaging Inay. Love is blind talaga. Ngayon, may BF na si Manga… si Chicken Cubes, ang ex-HD ni Mickey Mouse! Sino si Mickey Mouse, siya ang ka-trabaho ko na isang dalagang ina(hin). Hahaha! Sorry, corny. Uy, that rhymes.
So sila na this year. Another “Love is blind” relationship pero sabi ng iba, they are meant for each other. Haaaay…. Pag-ibig nga naman.
Sana nga lang walang PDA moments. I’m okay with PDA pero ayoko na sila yung makikita ko. Eye sore. Tamang sakit ngayong summer. Pero yung effects ng sore eyes na galling sa kanila eh nightmares. Tama na yung Madam Auring love affair nightmare with matching suka. Ayoko ng manga with chicken cubes.
Don’t blame me for being bitter and pathetic. Single ako eh. Hahahaha!
Sunday, April 23, 2006
From Lauren Dyogi:
PBB is open to everyone. One does not have to be very beautiful or handsome. Personality and sex appeal are more important to us.
Utang na loob. Mga bata 'to na 24 hours a day i-vi-video. Sex-appeal. Exploitation! I guess di pwede ipa-bantay bata si Dyogi kasi sa ABS-CBN din and Bantay-Bata.Dyogi = pedophile? To have teenagers (read: CHILDREN) filmed 24 hours a day locked up in the house at the mercy of a film crew and broadcast 24 hours on the Internet is EXPLOITATION, even with parental consent.
Hopefully these kids in PBB eh wag mag-inarte. Wag mag-ala conyo. No brat attacks. Sana di shallow. Okay lang kung may ilan-ilan, pero sana di naman lahat. When I was in college, I met a lot of people both interesting and annoying.
Sana, may balance.
Let’s see in a few days how this third installment turns out.
First episode pa lang, na-i-inis na ako kay Vandolph look-a-alike na si Bam…. “Okay, name game, name game” Tang-ina. Reminds me of this guy/girl from college. You don’t have the right to be so fcuking immature just because you’re 18. Grow up kid.
42 days… who will PBB Teen Edition
Want to learn more about the housemates...
ALDRED: Kilabot na valedictorian ng Pasay. Pursigidong magsikap upang matustusan ang pag-aaral niya. Sa Big Brother House na kaya niya makita ang swerte niya?
JAMILLA: Teenage mom ng Laguna. Maagang nag-mature dahil sa mga pinagdaanan. Ang teenage mom who is so pretty, willing to do anything for her baby. Is she ready to open up herself sa mga housemates niya?
CLARE: Barrio lass mula sa Bukidnon. Simpleng lifestyle ang kinagisnan, pero big dreamer na matuturingan. Matupad kaya ang mga pangarap niya sa pagpasok sa Bahay ni Kuya?
BAM: Ang boyish na komedyante ng Paranaque. Funny guy na swak kung humirit, sa pagpapatawa talagang bumibirit. Maka-jive ka kaya sa kanyang mga hirit?
FRED: Ang perfectionist hunk ng Paranaque. Weakness daw ang magpakita ng nararamdaman. Maging madali kaya para sa kanya ang maki-bonding sa mga kasamahan?
KIM: Chinese cutie from Cebu. Mula sa isang broken family na mala-Chinovela ang story. Lapitin ng boys pero feeling niya, lahit sila manloloko. Magbabago kaya ang tingin niya sa mga guys sa loob ng bahay?
GERALD: Ang Amboy hottie from Gen San. Can't resist ng mga girls ang chram niya! Sa smile pa lang, kikiligin ka talaga! Maka-pogi points rin kaya sa Bahay ni Kuya?
MIKKI: Ang orig na astig ng Davao. Hate niya ang mga gaya-gaya... Dahil mas astig daw kung naiiba siya! Mapapanindigan kaya niya ang pagiging orig niya?
MATT: Happy-go-lucky ng Quezon City. Lumaking angst-free kahit iniwan ng tunay na Daddy. Nag-stop sa school dahil nagtrabaho para sa kanyang family. Good vibes rin kaya ang dala niya sa Bahay ni Kuya?
NINA: Ang sosy girl na Assumptionista from Makati. Mala-prinsesa daw ang buhay ...ang di alam ng iba, may mga problema din siya. Nasa loob kaya ng Bahay ang Prince Charming niya?
MIKEE: Ang pambato ng mga Atenista from Quezon City. Para sa kanya, "with a great mind comes great responsibility." Magpapakitang-gilas kaya siya tulad ng isang tunay na agila?
OLYN: Teenstar wannabe ng Quezon CityOnly daughter in the family kayagwardyado talaga ng mga kuya at Daddy.Mapapatunayan na kanya niyang grown-up na siya at hindi na baby?
By the way... where's Toni? Bat si Bianca pinalit? Ayoko kay Bianca, gusto ko kay Toni.
As for the OST: It's Kabataang Pinoy by Itchyworms.
Screen Caps: Bam, Gerald, Clare, Fred, Kim, Mikee, Nina, Olyn, Aldred, Jamilla, Mikki, and Matt
1. "Third Planet" - Modest Mouse
2. "Look Into The Air" - Explosions In The Sky
3. "Air Conditions" - Q And Not U
4. "Price of Gasoline" - Bloc Party
5. "Air Pollution" - Page France
6. "Recycled Air" - The Postal Service
7. "The Giving Tree" - The Epochs
8. "Evergreen" - The Fiery Furnaces
9. "Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground" - The White Stripes
10. "Big Blue Sea" - Bob Schneider
From "Good Weather For Airstrike"
Saturday, April 22, 2006
(x) your own cell phone
( ) a television in your bedroom
( ) an iPod/MP3 player
( ) a photo printer
(x) your own phone line
( ) TiVo or a generic digital video recorder
( ) high-speed internet access (i.e., not dialup)
( ) a surround sound system in bedroom
( ) DVD player in bedroom
(x) at least a hundred DVDs... hehehe pirata nga lang
( ) a childfree bathroom
( ) your own in-house office
( ) a pool
( ) a guest house
( ) a game room
( ) a queen-size bed or larger
( ) a stocked bar
( ) a working dishwasher
( ) an icemaker
( ) a working washer and dryer
(x) more than 20 pairs of shoes.. though i only worn 5 of them
(x) at least ten things from a designer store
(x) expensive sunglasses
( ) framed original art
( ) Egyptian cotton sheets or towels
( ) a multi-speed bike
(x) a gym membership
( ) large exercise equipment at home... nope, just 2 14lb dumbbells
( ) your own set of golf clubs
( ) a pool table
( ) a tennis court
( ) local access to a lake, large pond, or the sea
( ) your own pair of skis
( ) enough camping gear for a weekend trip in an isolated area
( ) a boat
( ) a jet ski
( ) a neighborhood committee membership
( ) a beach house or a vacation house/cabin
(x) wealthy family members
( ) two or more family cars
( ) a walk-in closet or pantry
( ) a yard
( ) a hammock
(x) a personal trainer... does my mom count as a personal trainer?
(x) good credit
( ) expensive jewelry
( ) a designer bag that required being on a waiting list to get
(x) at least $100 cash in your possession right now
(x) more than two credit cards bearing your name
(x) a stock portfolio... hmmm, Intel Stocks...
( ) a horse
( ) a trust fund (either for you or created by you)
( ) private medical insurance
(x) a college degree, and no outstanding student loans
(x) shop for non-needed items for yourself (like clothes, jewelry, electronics) at least once a week (im addicted. i need to buy something new each week).. need to cut my credit card!
( ) do your regular grocery shopping at high-end or specialty stores
( ) pay someone else to clean your house, do dishes, or launder your clothes (not counting dry-cleaning)
( ) go on weekend mini-vacations
( ) send dinners back with every flaw
(x) wear perfume or cologne
(x) regularly get your hair styled or nails done in a salon... i don't cut my own hair
( ) have a job but don't need the money OR ( ) stay at home with little financial sacrifice
( ) pay someone else to cook your meals
( ) pay someone else to watch your children or walk your dogs
( ) regularly pay someone else to drive you
( ) expect a gift after you fight with your partner
Are you/Have you:
( ) an only child
( ) married/partnered to a wealthy person
( ) baffled/surprised when you don't get your way
( ) been on a cruise
(x) traveled out of the country
(x) met a celebrity
( ) been to the Caribbean
( ) been to Europe
( ) been to Hawaii
( ) been to New York
( ) eaten at the space needle in Seattle
( ) been to the Mall of America
( ) been on the Eiffel tower in Paris
( ) been on the Statue of Liberty in New York
( ) moved more than three times because you wanted to
( ) dined with local political figures
( ) been to both the Atlantic coast and the Pacific coast
( ) go to another country for your honeymoon
( ) hire a professional photographer for your wedding or party
( ) take riding or swimming lessons as a child
(x) attend private school
( ) have a birthday party thrown for you
22... I'm half spoiled!
- Mommy's back! After a long hiatus, Alias was back on TV. She'll be kicking ass again, with the muscular Sydney look. Wooohooo. Alias is back with 2 episodes (SOS and Maternal Instinct). And next week marks their 100th episode!
- Mission Impossible 3 premieres May 5! I think that this will be the best installment of MI. JJ Abrams.... need i say more? Speaking of JJ Abrams, he is taking on a new Star Trek movie. Star Trek movies (and the TV show) is a big flop (sorry Star Trek fans, di ako Treky eh). Will JJ Abrams make a difference or will this career suicide?
- Just finished the first season of NBC's Surface. Season 1 has 15 episodes. Surface is like one of those shows like Invasion and Threshold. I love Miles' character. He's such a great kid. Read his blog at http://blogs.nbc.com/surface/. Season 2 will be back on air in May 15.
- One of the current Lost cast members has been signed to a new CBS TV series ... which means that his/her time on the island is coming to an end. First it was Boone (Ian), then it was Shannon (Maggie Grace), and now.... At least you'll know how the next character will leave this show... He/She will die. I'm just curious how. Click HERE if you want to know who it is.
- Commander-in-Chief will be back next week on ABC. Will she win the re-elections?
- Thank god that last week's Amazing Race 9 episode was a non-elimination round. I hope the Hipppies get to the final 3. Fearless prediction: MoJo, The Hippies, and the Frat Boys. Now, now, there's a rumor that the Frat Boys are actually gay. They were seen partying with another team a couple of months ago. And it's not with Dani and Danielle, they were with BJ and Tyler. SO what's wrong? Click HERE to find out why.
- Another reality TV news: Bruce of Survivor Exile Island got sick so last week's episode is a non-tribal council episode. And what's up with Shane and Courtney. I think they miss their anti-depresants. But wait, rumor has it that Shane won this year. Again... rumors. Click HERE. Anyway, check out Shane in MySpace.
- The OC and One Tree Hill might have their final season. High school is almost over and it's time for college. Maybe these shows will have one last season just like Dawson's Creek. Maybe Seth will end up with Marissa, Ryan with Summer. Or maybe there will be a hybrid show, "One OC." You wish.
- Speaking of last seasons, how about Prisonbreak? Michael (Wentworth Miller) only has 2 weeks to get his brother out of Fox River. What will happen if they get out? Will they call the show "The Fugitive" or "The Scofield Brothers?"
- Back to "The OC," Adam Brody is on the movie "Thank You For Not Smoking" together with Aaron Eckhart, Kattie Holmes, Maria Belo, Sam Elliot, Rob Lowe, William H. Macy and Robert Duval.
- Another interesting movie is Hard Candy. It stars Ellen Page who plays Halley in the movie, out for revenge for her sister's death. So who "killed" her sister? Patrick Wilson (who plays the character of Jeff) who's a pedophile. What's interesting is that Halley is only 15 years old, and she's trying to seduce a 40 year old man. Yikes! The movie also stars Jennifer Holmes and Sandra Oh (Grey's Anatomy).
Here in the middle of imagination
Right in the middle of my head,
I close my eyes and my home isn't home,
And my bed isn't really my bed.
I look inside and discover things,
That are sometimes strange and new,
And the most remarkable thoughts I think,
Have a way of being true.
Here in the middle of imagination
Right in the middle of my mind,
I close my eyes and the night isn't dark
And the things that I lose, I find.
Time stands still and the night is clear,
And the wind is warm and fair,
And the nicest place is the middle of imagination
When ... I'm ... there ...
FOR THE FEAR OF YOUR INTENT
I kept my wounds covered
Kept them under wraps
From careless hands, burning touch;
You left me a note—a beguiling anagram
I don’t want any more of your stupid games
Spent my whole life mixing them up
Hope is what I have
I hope your love
From the mere static of your snap
You know your power
Lording it over…
Girls at the palm of your hand
I’ve been counting to three
9 million times
Waiting to jump out
Don’t tell me you ever cared
I can tell by the way you saw me die
And you moved on
After the last shovelful of dirt
Not a tear from your pretty eyes
Like the love that you sprayed upon me…
Do you know that I thrived on a drop for as long as you lied?
You said I was precious cause I bloomed
Van, Ali, Jay and Trixy... I created your alter-egos. I'll post them later!
Friday, April 21, 2006
Anyway, the databse is soooooooooo slow. So while waiting, i went blog hopping and saw this from Jen's blog. Long post. Skip this one if you want to. :p
There are 18 letters in your name.T
hose 18 letters total to 85
There are 7 vowels and 11 consonants in your name.
Your number is: 4
The characteristics of #4 are: A foundation, order, service, struggle against limits, steady growth.
The expression or destiny for #4:
Order, service, and management are the cornerstones of the number 4 Expression.
Your destiny is to express wonderful organization skills with your ever practical, down-to-earth approach.
You are the kind of person who is always willing to work those long, hard hours to push a project through to completion.
A patience with detail allows you to become expert in fields such as building, engineering, and all forms of craftsmanship.
Your abilities to write and teach may lean toward the more technical and detailed.
In the arts, music will likely be your choice.
Artistic talents may also appear in such fields as horiculture and floral arrangement, as well.
Many skilled physicians and especially surgeons have the 4 Expression.
The positive attitudes of the 4 Expression yield responsibility;
you are one who no doubt, fulfills obligations, and is highly systematic and orderly.
You are serious and sincere, honest and faithful.
It is your role to help and you are required to do a good job at everything you undertake.
If there is too much 4 energies present in your makeup, you may express some of the negative attitudes of the number 4.
The obligations that you face may tend to create frustration and feelings of limitation or restriction.
You may sometimes find yourself nursing negative attitudes in this regard and these can keep you in a rather low mood.
Avoid becoming too rigid, stubborn, dogmatic, and fixed in your opinions.
You may have a tendency to develop and hold very strong likes and dislikes, and some of these may border on the classification of prejudice.
The negative side of 4 often produces dominant and bossy individuals who use disciplinarian to an excess.
These tendencies must be avoided.
Finally, like nearly all with 4 Expression, you must keep your eye on the big picture and not get overly wrapped up in detail and routine.
Your Soul Urge number is: 9
A Soul Urge number of 9 means:
With a 9 Soul Urge, you want to give to others, usually in a humanitarian or philanthropic manner.
You are highly motivated to give friendship, affection and love. And you are generous in giving of your knowledge and experience.
You have very sharing urges, and you are likely to have a great deal to share.
Your concern for others makes you a very sympathetic and generous person with a sensitive and compassionate nature.
You are able to view life in very broad and intuitive terms.
You often express high ideals and an inspirational approach to life.
If you are able to fully realize the potential of your motivation, you will be a very self-sacrificing person who is able to give freely without being concerned about any return or reward.
As with all human beings, you are prone to sometimes express the negative attitudes inherent to your Soul Urges.
You may become too sensitive and tend to express emotions strongly at times.
There can be significant conflict between higher aims and personal ambitions.
You may resent the idea of giving all of the time and, in fact, if there is too much 9 energy in your nature you may reject the idea.
You may often be disappointed in the lack of perfection in yourself and others.
Your Inner Dream number is: 4
An Inner Dream number of 4 means:
You dream of being a very solid citizen that people can depend upon.
You strive for organization and predictable order.
You want to be recognized as a person with a plan and the discipline to make that plan work like clockwork.
WW16 wasn’t that bad. Except today wherein I have to rush my data population and projects in the new system. Crunch time!
One good thing happened this week albeit my insanity and post-traumatic episodes after working on multiple Microsoft Excel worksheets. My trip to San Diego on June got Ria’s approval (thanks Momsie)! I need AT LEAST one trip out of the country every year before I get homicidal! Jason and I were supposed to go to China a couple of weeks back for the face-to-face meeting with our IE counterparts but all travels were put on hold. For the past 3 months, I begun working with my US network and being such an “epal” just to be included in their projects but no travel plans were brought up… yet. The only way to survive a large company is to have networks outside your group.
I checked the names of the people that I’m going with in San Diego. Excluding the managers name on the list (I’m hoping that SP won’t join the trip… Jay was so pissed off when he heard that SP might come), I saw the names of Jowell (CMO IE), Alvin (CNO IE), Diwani (CNO IE), Cookie (dunno her group), and Ginoe (Flash PEED). Hope they get their approvals from their managers as well.
Next week is judgement day. Interviews for the new position will start and end on Monday. It has been a while when I had my job interview. I wonder how they will interview me on Monday. Do I need to wear my best set of clothes on Monday (dress to impress)? Hahaha! Will they ask me to sing in front of them and get pimping comments (Randy), useless comments (Paula) and sarcastic remarks (Simon)? I’m not sure how I will prepare myself. Will I pass the one-shot interview? How does this work? Yeah, I’m getting paranoid. I’m having a huge headache… need to take my Advil!
What happens after the interview will be the 1st turning point of my career. It’s GO or NO-GO. It’s Plan A versus Plan B. If Plan A is a Go, Plan B is a No-Go and vice versa. A = -1*B
For now, I just need to have a list of things to do when I get to San Diego. Getting drunk is on top of the list.
*By the way, does anyone know any college which offers short courses online? I want to take some short internet classes about business, economics, marketing or management.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Just add me up:
Next week, it's all about Andrae Boccelli. Wow! Talk about racing the bar.
Another challenge to all our remaining idols. Especially to Chris.
Bye Ace... Buh Bye Mr. Backstreet Boy!
Here are the Videos from CKJuice!
Just wondering, Chris Daughtry in the bottom 3? And Kellie Pickler on the Top 3? What the fcuk! Are fcuking serious? Seriously? Why vote for this skank!
Bottom 3 Video 1
Bottom 3 Video 2
Rod Stewart Video
- Panel interview – deliberation after – W16.5 – 17.1 (need 2 batches)
- Communication to the successful candidate – W17.3
- Transition & training plans to be finalized by W17.5
Wait. Isang malaking question... why do we have 2 batches of interviews? I admit, medyo kabado kasi sino pa ba nag-apply. Lahat ba nag-apply. I hope that my interview be scheduled on Monday (W17.1). I'm quite busy this week. Need to prep up before the interview.
While i was thinking about my trip to San Diego (sana i-approve ni KT), if i get the new job, then after California, diretso na ako ng Arizona. Haaay.... pero ayoko muna mag-plano kasi di pa ako sure. Next week pa malalaman yung new job, baka next next week pa yung sa San Diego trip.
Now, i need to practice for my interview. I know the questions that they might ask. Thanks to Con and Jesse for giving me tips. Con was sharing some of the things that i need to work on while we were smoking this afternoon. Then Jesse, with the daily questions - "Ano na?" Steady lang.
If the San Diego trip will not be approved.... May supply tayo ng siopao for 1 whole week.
If I don't get the new job, I don't know what will happen.
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
“You are invited to attend the Intel Manufacturing for Excellence Conference which will be held at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California on June 25-28, 2006.”
Yay! But 1 thing though, we need KT to approve this trip. IMEC will only shoulder hotel + shuttle + meals. Airfare will be paid by the factory. Confirmation will be a month from now. And I need to work on my Visa again. I hope my US travel gets approved.
Wish wish wish wish!
What A Wonderful World
You Send Me
It Had To Be You
Someone To Watch Over Me
Okay, for Kellie, i can't find a You Tube (i'm actually too lazy to look for one). Here's the best that i can do for Kellie.
Results Show Later!
I am different. I am unique. I don’t wear the same black suit at work. I’m comfortable with my shirts and jeans. I don’t go overboard at work. Steady pace towards the goal: Hitting speed bumps along the way, occasionally running through Pit Stops. I enjoy life outside the office by myself. Making stops at a coffee place with a good book in my left hand and a lit cigar in my right. I spend time alone, wondering what will happen in 5, 10, 15 years. I don’t shy away from reality and the stereotyped concept of life. The problem with people is that they COPY other people’s routine. They become other people’s shadow.
I’m comfortable with my life. I constantly change my routine. I may not be that spontaneous but I enjoy every minute I spend in this planet.
I will not be the person who you think you want me to be. I’m not your art project. I won’t be defined with brush strokes or color textures. My world might be black and white from where you stand, but from where I stand, I’m living in a Technicolor show.
I am a catalyst. I might be stubborn but my tenacity makes me unique.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Low Quality MP3s
Chris - What A Wonderful World
Paris - These Foolish Things
Taylor - You Send Me
Elliot - It Had To Be You
Kellie - Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Ace - That's All
Katharine - Someone To Watch Over Me
High Quality MP3s
Chris Daughtry - What a Wonderful World
Paris Bennett - These Foolish Things
Taylor Hicks - You Send Me
Elliott Yamin - It Had To Be You
Kellie Pickler - Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
Ace Young - That's All
Katharine McPhee - Someone to Watch Over Me
Vote for Katharine McPhee
Vote for Elliott Yamin
I miss the good old days where Holy Week = No Classes. Now, I have to be at the office until Wednesday, 4pm. I missed the lunch-out at Gerry’s with my college friends. Juvi YM’d me yesterday and told me that they went drinking that same night. Argh! Moving on to….
I started my TV Shows marathon. Jay downloaded a couple of tv shows and I watched it one by one. In the evening, I went to church (not for Visita Iglesia) for no apparent reason. I just sit there, looking at Catholic devotees and people who use “Visita Iglesia” as an excuse to go out for a road trip. Then, before midnight, I ate barbequed pig innards. YUM!
I watched a lot of DVDs – Little Manhattan, Rumor Has It, Nanny McPhee, Under the Tuscan Sun. Then I went online to check my emails, blog, and edit Alina’s blog. Then I edited my blog as well. A not-so-productive day for me. In the evening, we watched the “prusisyon” but I got bored so I went back inside and Googled.
Watched some DVDs, finished the blog templates and slept! In the evening, I locked myself up in my room and took time thinking about the future (yeah right!).
I went to church in the evening and saw a couple of familiar faces. Migs and his family (I think) was there, Niccolo and Chino (right?), then there’s Cocoy, Jamie, and the popcorn vendor. Then I watched Capote and Havoc DVD, drank one glass of milk and went to lalaland!
Okay, my long weekend was unproductive. For some people, it might even sound boring. Maybe I choose to stay at home and rest. Maybe I need a new hobby, or not. Before you judge the way I live my life, take a look at your own life.
Maybe my life is not that boring after all. Maybe yours is. I chose silence over chaos.
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Email me and tell me how I can improve my blog. If you want your blog linked, just post it in the tagboard.
Again, thank you!
Now, you want revenge. How to do it is always the problem. Killing will put you to jail since everyone’s into CSI. Blackmail is old school. Here’s how…
1. Old School, put an ad in tabloids. Penpal! Effort: 7/10, Impact: 6/10
2. Register your mobile number to one of those TV-text shows. You know, where your message appears on national TV (even in cable). Send an obscure meesage and leave his/her number (home/office/mobile number). Surprise surprise! Effort: 8/10, Impact: 7/10
3. Make a MySpace/Friendster account with his/her picture. Write obscure details in his/her profile and immediately add people. After a month, add his/her friends. Sweet! Effort: 9/10, Impact: 8/10
4. With item number three, add a Photoshoped naked picture. Effort: 10/10, Impact: 9/10
5. Subscribe his/her office mail to newsgroups and mail spam. Effort: 6/10, Impact: 8/10
6. Subscribe his/her office mail to porn. Make sure you do this at home. And do it over the weekend so that by Monday… WHAM! Effort: 5/10, Impact 10/10
Imagine how he/she’ll react when porn emails start popping in his/her laptop!
If you want full revenge, do everything.
Here are some pics, if you want more vidcaps, email me.
Saturday, April 15, 2006
Here's the link for Peyton Sawyer's Podcast. I'm still looking for her Video Podcast.
I love Peyton. She makes One Tree Hill more interesting than just basketball. Peyton and Pete (of Fall Out Boy) will make a weird couple.
Here is Bucky's "Bad Day" tirbute video.
Now for the vids... Errr... It's too large to download each performance. Anyway, as promised, here are some of the download link.
Click here for Elliot's performance
And here for Chris
And here for the AI5 Results Show (full vid)
Vid Links from Muse Bay and CKJuice.
Sorry, won't be posting all the videos. Just my fave's or at least the best performances. For more streaming vids, go to MuseBay.com
"The Secret Show" - Dopo Yume (highly recommended)
I love Taylor Townsend’s character. I hope she gets a bigger role before this season ends.
I hope that Taylor and this Korean guy (I didn’t get his name) have longer scenes in the next episodes.
Seth Cohen is freaking out. To bad he can’t go to Brown with Summer.
A few weeks ago, he joined the company’s Summer Hunk competition. I was spared of watching the not-so-pleasing contest since he’s in the other factory who had their separate annual summer trip. Thanks to Allan for sharing the pics.
Does this guy know the difference between boxers and board shorts?
9. I have insomnia.
8. I have a scar in my forehead. I AM NOT HARRY POTTER!
7. I am very competitive. I believe that the strong will survive, the weak will die.
6. I can be pathetic and apathetic both at the same time.
5. I can’t say NO to anything
4. I have low alcohol tolerance… Max 5 bottles of beer in one night.
3. For me to keep a secret, I have to tell one person. Otherwise, it won’t be a secret.
2. I watch porn (who doesn’t… Ha!)
1. I eat fries with ice cream and ketsup… Ew.
Friday, April 14, 2006
1. You'll look like one hell of a pimp.
2. Wallets in jeans? It's like adding an extra inch (or two) in your ass.
3. With money clips, you'll just carry cash... No credit cards.
History of money clips:
Remember your Grandma? When you ask for some cash, she'll pull out something out of her bra? Thank god it's not her saggy boobs. She'll have this safety pin with a small cloth pouch which serves as a thing to put her money, coins, and prozac. These "devices" now evolved to money clips. You can clip it in your bra or in your undies... or NOT. Just get some cash, fold it in half, clip-it and put it in your front pocket. It's more convenient! Now, i don't carry my credit card (though you can clip it with your money). I have not used my credit card for the past month. Yay!
There are 2 types of clips, the silver one (pic below) and they also have these in leather. You don't need to buy a D&G money clip just to be oh-so-cool.
This is also a perfect gift for your Grandma. Hahahaha!
1. Trip to Italy – Okay, this might sound soooo expensive. I’ll save money, and maybe I’ll be on my backpacking trip by 2007. Want to come?
2. Apple UMPC – This thing might come out sometime in 2007. Samsung and ASUS are already selling them but I want an Apple model. And I know that they’ll release one.
3. Apple Video iPOD – Okay, a regular iPOD also works for me.
4. Moto Razr –Though people are getting crazy with the 3G technology, i still want a Moto Razr, the latest one. And I want it black!
5. Samsung Miniket SC-X110 – With the detachable camera lens!
6. Original DVDs – Breakfast Club, Dead Poets’ Society, American History X, etc. As long as it’s original.
7. Dog-Tag Army Necklace – Not a hard-to-find item. I’m just to lazy to look for one. And I want my name engraved!
8. Black Messenger Bag – Any brand. As long as it can carry my laptop. I have one, but I want a new one!!!
9. Tattoo – I’m not afraid of needles (yeah right), just want to have a small tat in my pelvic area (Chinese Character of a Fire Dog), and in my right shoulder (Tribal like dragon).
10. Earring – Studs will do. Actually, I think I’ll have another piercing before my bday. I won’t tell you where.
11. Clinique Happy For Men – Taste and smells like candy. I’ll be your Man-Candy! Hahahaha!
12. Anything Pink – In true tradition of one of the people at work who’s not afraid to wear pink, I’m looking for pink polo shirts, caps, shoes, ID necklace, and even flip-flops.
13. Nice White Sneakers – perfect for that preppy look
14. Complete set of Kiehl’s facial and body products – Just want to keep that young (hahaha) looking skin
15. list to be continued…
Anyway, with the things listed above, I think I’ll just get one item out of all the initial 14 items. Last March, I received my Money Clip from Jona (thanks thanks) and that was it!
Wish lists are like new year’s resolutions. You have to work hard to achieve it.
Let’s see what happens a year from now!
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Interview on Tuesday/Wednesday (April 18/19)
Deliberation on Thursday/Friday (April 20/21)
Training (April 24 onwards)
What's in store?
A 6 month job in Arizona for the multi-core processor development.
Be back in the Philippines by January 2007.
Site Certification Activities from January - December 2007 (compared to a 3 month site cert).
PRQ on January 2008
HVM on April 2008.
Which means, after the job in US, i need to stay for +1.25 years before i can rotate to a new role OR leave Intel.
This is reality. There's always a catch. An EIT IE job will be a good exposure for anyone. This will definitely (if i get this job) test my patience with everyone. +1.25 years of Happy Poker-ish face.
Argh! Only 4 days of extended weekend due to the Lent celebration. Then I checked my email and saw that my boss will be out of office until Tuesday. And he's putting me in charge of the group. Attention A-IEs, we will have a "power lunch staff meeting" at Antonio's Grill in Tagaytay. We will just use my AMEXCO card, charged to Vince! Haha!
First stop last Tuesday – Yellow Cab in Tagaytay. Party of 10, two 18’ pizza, Sola and soda.
24 slices of pizza, and the only way to get your slice is to put your finger on it (literally).
Did I mention that you have to wet you fingertip with your own saliva before touching your slice?????
Then we went to Café Britton for some Mango Crepe which is SOOOOO NICE!!!!!!!!
After stuffing ourselves with pizza (I had a slice of cheese, seafood (errr… shrimp) and acnchovy pizza) and mango crepe (did I mentioned that it was nice???!?!?!), we went straight to Jona and Van’s (and KJ’s) place to play Texas Hold ‘em Poker! We don’t have playing chips so we had coins with a 1:2 ratio in terms of actual currency. Jay was the dealer, 6 of us played – Van, KJ, Jona, Ria, Jowell and I.
With 100 peso starting chips, one by one, people needs to bid goodbye from the playing table. Van was the first one to go, then Jona, then Jona returned to play 50 bucks more (we don’t follow the poker rules), but she also cashed out after a few rounds, then KJ. Jay was tired so we played a couple more rounds and decided to call it a night. I was the big winner (+200), then Jowell (+100), then Ria (+50). They told me that I only had my beginner’s luck that night since it was my first time to play with them. Yeah, maybe luck was on my side. But I think that it was my “pusoy days” at the IEC tambayan that helped me play this game.